Lemon Velvet Cream Pie
1 rolled refrigerated unbaked pie crust
1 teaspoon of unflavored gelatin
2 tablespoons of cold water
6 egg yolks
1 1/2 can of ounce of sweetened condensed milk (2 cups)
1/4 cup of whipping cream
1/4 teaspoon of salt
3/4 cup of fresh lemon juice
Thin lemon peel slivers
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Roll out pastry portion on a floured surface to a circle about 12-inches in diameter. Transfer to a 9-inch pie tin or plate without stretching. Trim pastry to 1/2 inch beyond edge of pie plate. Fold under extra pastry. Crimp edge as desired. Prick bottom and sides of pastry with a fork. Place in freezer 10 minutes. Line pastry with foil pie pan ; fill with dried beans or pie weights. Place on a foil-lined baking sheet; bake 30 minutes. Carefully remove foil pan. Bake 15 minutes more. Cool on wire rack. (If using rolled refrigerated crust, bake according to package directions.)
- In a small bowl soften gelatin in water 5 minutes. Heat in microwave for 14 seconds; set aside.
- In large bowl combine egg yolks and sweetened condensed milk. With an electric mixer, beat on high speed for 2 to 3 minutes until well combined. Beat in gelatin, whipping cream and salt on low speed. Add lemon juice and beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Pour into prepared crust (pie will be full).
- Bake 22 to 25 minutes or until center of pie looks set when gently shaken; cool on wire rack 1 hour. Cover loosely and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Top with whipped cream and lemon peel slivers just before serving. Makes 8 servings.