Search This Blog

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Red Lobster in Your Kitchen


A good dinner isn’t complete without bread, I think.  I am a self-confessed bread-aholic and truly could make a meal from a few slices of crusty baguette and butter.  This recipe truly completes a meal.  This is a recipe that everyone asks for after they have had one bite! It’s nearly an exact duplicate of the famous Cheddar Bay Biscuits served at Red Lobster restaurants.   If you’ve never had one, you’re missing out! They are so easy and will disappear like cookies on Christmas.  Here it is, you’d better make a double batch!!
‘Cheesy Garlic Biskies’
2 c. Bisquick or baking mix
2/3 c. milk
1 c. grated sharp cheddar
1 T. minced garlic (I like to use the kind in a jar, pre-minced, easy and fast)
1/3 c. melted butter
½ tsp. garlic salt
1 T. parsley flakes
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.  Combine Bisquick, cheese, garlic and milk in a bowl and mix well.  Drop by heaping tablespoons onto a greased baking sheet or a stone.  (Side note: I LOVE my stone! I use it for everything.  It was meant to be a pizza stone but I use it for everything from cookies to biscuits to bread.  I got two more pieces of stoneware as wedding gifts and can’t WAIT to get them seasoned up and well browned.)  Combine remaining ingredients in a smaller bowl. Bake 10-12 minutes (longer for stoneware), brushing tops with melted butter mixture halfway through.  While still warm, after taking them out of the oven, brush again with butter mixture.  EAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment